Why Edcite Improves PARCC Scores
#1 Prepare Students for PARCC Test Format
With Edcite, students experience navigating and completing a digital assessment. With Edcite Schools, students can practice with an PARCC-Aligned viewer that mirrors the navigation and tools that look exactly like the state test. This can help students build familiarity with navigation and tools that they will need to use on the state test.
PARCC Navigation on Practice Test
Edcite PARCC-Aligned Viewer
Edcite PARCC-aligned viewer also has many of the same tools that students can use on PARCC. A short list is below:
- Text to Speech (TTS)
- Calculators - basic, scientific and graphing
- Masking Tool
- Bookmark / Flag question
- Answer Eliminator
- Line Reader
- Audio Recording for instructions and more
Want to try the PARCC Viewer for free? Participate in PARCC Common Assessments to try out this viewer with your students. If you want your school or district to have access to the PARCC Viewer year round for any assessment, learn more about Edcite Schools.
With Edcite, Teachers can find and send quality content to students. We believe that teachers should not have to pay for premium features, so we offer live progress tracking and reports by question and by standard for free for all teachers. To try out Edcite with your class, click Sign Up or choose one of the assignments to the right.
#2 Prepare Students for Tech-Enhanced Question Types
Digital assessments present new opportunities for how to assess students. Practice throughout the year with these question types can prepare students for effective problem solving strategies. Below is a list of tech-enhanced question types that are on PARCC with some details about Edcite features that teachers in PARCC states are using to prepare their students. For a full list of item types and details on their scoring, click here .
- Multiple Choice - Presents students with a number of answer options. The student may select only one option.
- Multi Select - Presents students with a number of answer options. The student may select one or more options.
- Short Answer- Has a text box for a response area and requires a keyboard entry of alphanumeric characters.
- Equation - The Equation item type has one or more text boxes for a response area and a key pad containing mathematical characters. The student enters an equation or numerical answer into the text box using the key pad or keyboard.
- Writing Extended Response - Specify character count and tools available to students when writing an essay. Add a rubric to make for easier grading.
- Matching Item - Requires students to match text or images in rows to values in columns. The student selects the boxes where a match is valid.
- Multi-Part Items - Use Edcite to set up part A/B scoring for multipart questions.
- Grid - Drag and Drop - This item type requires students to click on a single element or multiple elements and drag-and-drop the element(s) into a background image.
- Evidence-based Selected Response - Two part multiple choice question where students answer a question in part A and find supporting evidence in part B.
- Grid - Drag and Drop - This item type requires students to plot points and/or draw lines.
- Hot Text - Includes words or phrases that students can either select (highlight) by clicking or rearrange by clicking and dragging.
- Table Item - Requires a keyboard entry into table cells.
Edcite has over 50 item types to match all of the PARCC item types and more. Students can practice with these question types on Edcite and teachers can create their own question types.
#3 Actionable Data for Educators in PARCC states to help students grow
We believe that teachers should not have to pay for premium features, so we offer live progress tracking and reports by question and by state standard and Common Core standard for free for all teachers. To try out Edcite with your class, click Sign Up or choose to Assign one of the assignments to the right.
#4 Drive School and District Growth with Edcite Schools
Edcite Schools empowers Schools, Districts, and teams to give assessments that align to the state test in their look and feel, share data and respond to the data by creating intervention groups. To learn more, click on Edcite Schools above.
Author PARCC-aligned Assessments on Edcite
Edcite is not just a library of assessments and questions, it is also an authoring tool. Teachers can create questions and assignments for free. With Edcite Schools, districts can create content collaboratively and send across schools and classes. A full list of aligned PARCC resources is below, you can use Edcite to create your own versions of these questions.
Looking for some inspiration on your content creation? The Edcite Team has digitized a set of practice tests on Edcite. You can copy and customize any of the questions in these assignments. This is a great way to get started creating aligned content on Edcite.